Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Too Cool Fo Shoos

Having narrowly survived yesterdays shoetastrophy, I faced another horrible day in the line of clothing.

Two outfits I tried on, both of which my shoulders were too wide for... But I will let that slide today, as there was a volunteer in the house to do some modeling for the greater good (the blog, duh!).

The set I'll be writing about today, is a Volks dress with mouton vest and leg warmers, from the Dolpa 26 LE collection.


(Please excuse the lighting, it was 7 Am and although it is Finland - the land of round a clock light - it wasn't quite sufficent)

This is the first experience I've had with a Volks outfit, but I had previously heard a lot of good reviews and seen the aftersale marketprices (- wow!). So I was eager to see if they live up to ones expectations.
First point noted; the outfit came with it's very own personalized certificate of authenticity card(!).
Having picked up my jaw from the carpet, I carefully opened the plastic bag it came in and out came the bags of silica.
The fabric of the dress is gorgeous; layers of chiffon with flowery theme, with no visible seams and beautiful lace details. Only thing I wasn't that keen on, was the thick brown ribbon used to 'lace up' the front of the dress. It sticks out too much in my eyes and doesn't really fit the general colouring of the dress.


The vest, once again brill quality (by now I had joined the crowd of fans swearing these outfits were the bees knees) is soft and has pretty little flowery detail in the front, along with the faux lamb trimmings on the top and bottom. I wouldn't think to pair this with the dress, if it hadn't come with it, but it actually works really well and gives the outfit that extra 'forest girl' flavour.
And to top the look up, the set also comes with a cute pair of wooly leg warmers. They're nice and fluffy, too!



The only con I found was the strange choice of ribbon for the lace up, but that could just be me.
My first experience with Volks' outfits has been a true joy, and I really get what all the fuss is about now. For what it's worth, these guys go the extra mile to deliver you the quality that you'd normally expect in human clothing - it's like somebody finally considers if us dolls are comfortable.

Now if only I could fit in it...

For those interested the set (used once) for this little photoshoot, including it's very own CoA, is available for adoption for 60€ including shipping within Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment