Sunday, May 13, 2012

Down the rRabbits hole...

So a couple posts ago I mentioned a shop, rRabit shop, and today I'm going to give you a little tour to their selection. I will also be briefly looking at a shop called "promise of a world".

The rRabit has a section for both doll, and human things; naturally I'm only going to tour you through the dollie things.
At first glance I really like the setup of the website. It's simple, yet it's got a vintage-y feel to it and it's easy to use. I can't help but notice the theme of earthy tones as I flick through the catalog - a mori girl's paradise?
While I loved the items you can pre-order I was quite disappointed with the actual stock. It's basicly two types of shoes; one for men, one for women - in medium-to-large sizes. Socks section has one pair of stockings - and they're out of stock. Accessories? There's a selection of vintage suitcases (most out of stock) and a few notepads. (sigh)

For someone visiting the shop for the first time, this isn't necessary the image you want to see. BUT...


They quickly redeemed theirselves, once I got to the 'wigs' section.


I love these colors!
Jelly blue, lavender jam, blond princess...
"The names are so tasty - I must have some of these!"

       
In other words, if you're like me and about to dismiss the shop after the first few, nearly empty, sections - don't give up yet! I personally think these wigs have just made sure that I will come back for more.
Plus there's still the section we haven't had a look at; the pre-orders.

Buuut I'll let you venture there on your own, because it's time to have a look at what the world's got to promise for us.

Apparently the shop, Promise of the World, was opened late last year - ofcourse I was still being made so I natually didn't hear from them then (duh!).
At the front of the shop I'm impressed; looks like there's things that would actually fit me.
Ok, outfits, um... You can make your own T-shirt? Cute, but not really what I was looking for. Shoes? Mmm...Nothing there...Wigs? Naw, nothing.
Maybe eyes? ....Nope, nothing.
Aha! Accessories; we have a hit! (by now I'm annoyed by the fact that each category opens up a new tab)
Swimwear and hats....? While ofcourse important for the coming heatwaves, still not quite what I was looking for...
So, there's no more sections left; where are the lovely outfits advertised on the first page?

About to give up I click on one of the banners on the sides to see what their affiliates websites are like and BOOM! there they are... All the outfits I was looking for...
So, for me personally, they seemed well hidden. Could be just me?


The one I clicked on first was "Cat's gift"; a selection of gorgeous wedding dresses. (who knows, maybe I will need one soon..?)
ST.nan man(?) - I quite like these, they're a selection of casual looking outfits in very nice subtle tones.
Botanical garden has a small selection (mostly sold out) of marine style outfits and a little frilly dream (pic below).
There's one more section, however if you are on any other page than the front page you wont be able to see it ... It's called "Kiss of a cat" - and ... There's one dress there that has a faulty link. So maybe it's under construction still?

At this point, I would like to note that if you saw anything you like on the main page it's easiest to just click on the images on the main page in order to find the outfits you're looking for.




I think that's enough of jibber jabber for today,
Hope you found something delicious, I will get back to you soon with hopefully some wigs from rRabbit!
~Q

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in love with their wigs. I will buy from them in th future

    ReplyDelete