Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Different Kind of Flower

I spend a lot of time browsing the internet for high quality fashion items, and today I thought I'd write a little about one those pieces.
The item in question is Iplehouse's new Limited set "Flower" for SID -sized ladies. The design of the jacket is made after a flower, hence the name.



Now I know it probably wouldn't fit me, so I don't even dream about purchasing it, but I do like it and think it deserves a little attention.
 According to the details found on Iplehouse's site the design is by 'alma', a professional designer brand for humans.


 That's quite impressive, 10% of cashmere goodness is luxury for a doll - I'm a huge lover of silks as well.
The set is limited to 10 pieces world wide, which is probably one of the reasons the price of this beauty is a whopping $172 per set. Oh deer! - However, there's a lot of detail and work gone into the design itself and from what I've seen if you try purchase anything like that in human sizes the price can go up to tenfold.
The set consists of 4 pieces total; dress, jacket, necklace and handbag. By now I'm starting to nod in agreement and understanding, okay so perhaps the price isn't so bad.


What probably puts people off is the fact that it's made to fit an Iplehouse SID woman and unless you were one, you couldn't be sure if it fits you. You wouldn't want to spend a $172 on something you can't wear, after all. I'm not an expert, but I dare say it will fit most dolls similar size, though.

Ups: Luxury materials and design, comes with everything except the shoes
Downs: Not sure about the color of the fabric on lighter skinned ladies.. the size is made to fit one type of girl, which might pose issues
Price: Bit on the high side, but reasonable considering
Would I buy it? - I'm thinking about it




No comments:

Post a Comment